Boarding for Fifth & Sixth Year
Many girls opt to board in Fifth and Sixth Year to avail of all of the extra-curricular options as well as supervised study and to eliminate any commuting time.
Our Senior Boarders benefit from
- On-site secure, quiet, modern accommodation
- No wasted time commuting
- Supervised study until 10pm every evening and options for study over the weekend
- Fresh nutritious hot meals with lots of variety
- Camaraderie and support of their extended boarding family and staff
- A wide variety of extra-curricular activities on-site
- Fewer distractions
- Individual study bedrooms
- A healthy and consistent daily routine
- Greater independence and responsibility in preparation for leaving school
Our Fifth and Sixth Years are a tightly-knit group of students from all over Ireland and further afield. Many friendships are formed over the course of their time in Rathdown.
If you are interested in enroling with us and have questions about the school, then we highly recommend you visit us for a tour of the school and our boarding facilities. Our Registrar and Head of School would be delighted to meet with you and answer any questions you or your daughter may have. To book, please complete this form.
Extra-curricular activities form an integral part of the student’s school life including sports, music, debating and science. Students who opt to board for Fifth and Sixth Year have more time to devote to personal development and extra-curricular activities.
2013-18 Leaving Cert results
- 1 in 5 students scored over 550 points
- A little over 2 in 5 scored 500+ points
- 3 in 5 scored over 450 points
- Three-quarters of all students scored over 400 points
- 9 out of 10 students scored over 300 points
- Our median point score (the middle score) is 480 points
We cherish the responsibility we are given to educate girls at a crucial time in their young lives. We try to ensure that the students’ sense of self-esteem, self-reliance, confidence and academic prowess is enhanced and challenged. Hence, we offer a curriculum that incorporates academic, cultural, artistic and athletic aspects of education. Our learning experience leaves students with an ingrained confidence, ability to succeed and, most of all, happy memories!