Our Hockey Programme is an integral part of our overall sports offering.
Through organised participation, the students learn many qualities which embody the ethos of the School; how to win and lose, to lead and to be led, to push oneself to and beyond one's limits, to play as part of a team, to understand when to strive for more and when to acknowledge defeat.
Hockey Coaching Team
Our first class facilities, coupled with enthusiastic and well-qualified staff, ensure that all pupils have the best possible coaching and conditioning to allow them to reach their full potential.
We are delighted to welcome Sarah Scott to lead our hockey coaches and teams from 2018. Sarah has an impressive history as a hockey coach and player. Sarah has built a sterling reputation as a dynamic, creative, resourceful and high impact leader. Sarah’s coaching achievements are too many to list and cover all levels from National teams to Schools hockey.
"I've worked in the hockey world as a player, coach and administrator for decades, and I still love it just as much as I did when I started out. I believe strongly in the power of sports to instil lifelong values and to foster positive relationships. Here in Rathdown School, we will help students develop that same love and skill in hockey from beginners up to the highest level of performance. I'm thrilled to be leading them."
- Sarah Scott, Head of Hockey
- Carol McGowan: Academic Staff & Coach
- Geoff Cole: Coach, Current International
- Sinead Jones: Junior School PE Teacher
- Saoirse O’Donoghue: Glenanne Hockey Club Player
- Amber Barnwell: Monkstown Hockey Player and Past Pupil
- Catherine O’Connor: UCD Hockey Player and Past Pupil
- Ciara Langtry: Monkstown Hockey Player and Past Pupil
- Max Maguire: Goalkeeping Coach
The Merrion Fleet Arena is a world-class water-based pitch with a 175-seater stand. We also have a floodlit, astroturf hockey pitch and a fully equipped multi-purpose sports hall.