12th March 2020 Update: Rathdown School Closure due to Covid-19
12th March 2020
An Taoiseach, Leo Varadker, has announced that from 6pm this evening all schools will close until the 29th March.
What does this mean for Rathdown School?:
- Classes will continue as normal today, but there will be no classes tomorrow Friday.
- TEACHERS WILL CONTINUE TO ENGAGE WITH THEIR STUDENTS VIA ON-LINE PLATFORMS.
- I am meeting with students today and advising them to bring their books, copies, notes, folders and materials home this evening.
- The school will be open tomorrow from 9am, if students need to visit their lockers to complete the clear out of materials.
- FULL BOARDING FACILITY WILL CONTINUE UNTIL 4PM TOMORROW, FRIDAY.
- Any boarder parents who can arrange for their daughter to travel home this evening may do so. Please do so if at all possible.
- Full catering will be available until boarding house closure Friday at 4pm.
- We recommend that boarders take home as many of their belongings as is possible.
- In line with social distancing recommendations, we request that parents remain with their cars when picking up their daughter (day or boarding) rather than entering any school building.
- TONIGHTS PERFORMANCE OF THE TY MUSICAL IS POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- The 3rd Year Parent Teacher Meeting, scheduled for next Thursday is now postponed.
- The trip to Delphi, scheduled for next week, is now postponed.
- WE AWAIT FURTHER INSTRUCTION FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION REGARDING STATE EXAMS, INCLUDING ORALS AND PRACTICALS AND ASSESSMENT TASKS.
When returning to Rathdown after 29th March can I ask that everyone adheres to the following protocols:
- If you have travelled from or transited through an affected region in the last 14 days, you should not attend or visit Rathdown School. If you are unsure we insist that you take a cautious approach and do not visit Rathdown School.
- If you have been in close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days and are unwell you should not attend or visit Rathdown School
- IF EITHER OF THE ABOVE APPLIES YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SELF-ISOLATE IN IRELAND FOR 14 DAYS BEFORE RETURNING TO RATHDOWN SCHOOL.
- If you have any respiratory issue or flu-like symptoms you should not attend or visit Rathdown School
If any of our one-year internationals students decide not to return to Rathdown School after the 29th of March, we will con-validate their time spend in school this year.
We will continue to work remotely over the coming time, and if you require any assistance please do not hesitate to contact any of the below:
General Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior School: email@example.com
If you are unsure, or your enquiry is of a serious nature: firstname.lastname@example.org
These are unprecedented and extraordinary times. Please stay safe, follow all advice and recommendations from state agencies. This will pass, and life will return to normal.
With every best wish