Rathdown has a lively and active Parent Teacher Association (PTA), which works together with the Junior and Senior School Principals to form an effective partnership between home and school.
The purpose of the PTA is to:
• Facilitate an efficient and effective communication flow between school management and parents
• Support the school ethos while promoting the needs and interests of the pupils
• Fundraise to enhance the school environment for the pupils and teachers
Upcoming PTA EventsPTA Spring Social & Rathdown Centenary PTA Golf Event
- Friday 3rd April 2020
- Killiney Golf Club
- This is a fundraising event in aid of the charity Habitat for Humanity Ireland and the PTA small capital projects fund
Darkness Into Light
- Rathdown School Darkness Into Light Walk will take place on Friday 8th May.
- Followed by PTA sponsored light breakfast in the school.
- Please email email@example.com for more details
Over the last few years the PTA has supported many projects including:
- Debs Reception in the School
- Habitat for Humanity Trip
- School Uniform Sale
- Senior School Christmas Lunch
- Junior School Santa Visit
- Junior School Library
- Careers Evening and Mock Interviews for pupils
- Whole school Winter & Summer Socials - eg Centenary gala, Golf event
At the start of each school year, an AGM is held and a PTA Committee is elected. Each elected member serves three years on the committee. Parents, whether on the committee or not, are encouraged to get involved. Comment and feedback is welcomed and can be fed to the committee via their Class Reps or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
For scheduled PTA events please visit the school calendar for more information.